There is more to being an athlete with MILITARY FITNESS AUSTRALIA than just having a sculpted physique; it is a way of life, state of mind and a way of orienting oneself in the world.
To be MILITARY FITNESS AUSTRALIA is to embody the character traits of discipline, drive, determination, service, self-belief, honour, integrity, courage and authentic leadership.
Retired Australian Army and Navy professionals, with a dream of improving the quality of life and specific needs of those in the community seeking to reach their full potential, established MILITARY FITNESS AUSTRALIA in 2005. From mums and dads to police, military and corporate clients, we all share a need for our minds and bodies to work at peak performance over long periods of time, while maintaining an unconquerable spirit and unwavering mental toughness. At MILITARY FITNESS AUSTRALIA we share this passion and aspire to train you if you seek this way of life.
The MILITARY FITNESS AUSTRALIA athlete demonstrates the following traits, distinct from your average Joe;
- Must work at near peak personal output for undefined periods of time, with unknown periods of rest.
- Must be prepared for the known AND equally prepared for the unknown.
- Is comfortable with physical discomfort.
- Must be strong, in mind and body and willing to test both traits regularly.
- Must have a sense of humour when times seem tough.
- Must have an intense capacity for work in short, medium and long time domains.
- Must be durable, have strong core strength to give power to the limbs, not be prone to injury, and knowledgeable about how to sustain the body at a high level of readiness over a long period of time.
- Must be supportive to those within the group and trust that others will do the best with the resources they have available.
- Works successfully as part of a team, and works out with that team on a regular bases.
- Not only do we seek elite functional fitness, strength, stamina, durability, endurance and mental toughness, but also we believe that hard physical exercise builds character, self-confidence and inner strength. These qualities build strong individuals and families and allow you to thrive amidst chaos.