Exercise & Health Specialist
Why Military Fitness Australia?
I actually started as a client with Military Fitness Australia. I found the sessions to be fast, fun, and forever challenging. Combined with my academic qualifications and working with a great bunch of passionate people, it was a natural fit. For most people including myself, doing a workout or simply just showing up is an escape from the stresses of everyday life. Anyone can do it, everyone is an athlete, and it really DOES apply/carry over to what we do in everyday life and most importantly it teaches individuals patience, drive and belief.
- I’m extremely passionate in Mobility and Kettlebell work. I graduated from UWA with a degree in Sports Science majoring in Exercise Rehab and Biomechanics. Combing this with outdoor military style training and experience from CrossFit Coaching has lead to my career in the fitness industry.
- Being able to share in an athlete’s excitement when they master a skill, overcome an obstacle, make a Personal best (PB), or even just finish a nasty workout.
- Helping athletes push themselves to new heights, push boundaries and discover what they are truly capable.
- Being a part of the community and getting to experience the passion, encouragement, motivation and excitement that it brings each and every day.
- As a coach there is always something new to learn, understand and share – I love that!
3 words to describe yourself
Passionate, Energetic, Adventurous
Top Coaching Tip
It’s never going to be easy, it’s not supposed to be, but each time you show up… leave everything else behind, and give it everything you’ve got.
Qualifications / Certifications / Education
- Bachelor of Science – Exercise and Health Science, University of Western Australia
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Level 1 Coach
- Australian Institute of Kettlebells – Mobility Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Endurance Trainer
- Level 1 Sports Trainer and Senior’s First Aid Course
- Pendlay Weightlifting Level 1 & 2
Favourite personal training session(s)
A workout full of burpees appeals to be in some strange and twisted way!